Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brian Austin Green Is Excited for Orson's "Awkward" Return

"It's taken a little getting used to, coming off of Sarah Connor and then just being the shirtless guy sanding wood and crafting things," Green tells TVGuide.com. "It felt a little slow at first — like when am I going to do something? I get it, the wood is sanded. It's smooth. Can I run around? Can I shoot at somebody?"

Luckily, Green didn't have to wait long. Even though playing Bree's handyman-turned-boyfriend, Keith, allows the 37-year-old actor to show a lighter side similar to his star-making role on Beverly Hills, 90210, producers have been quick to capitalize on Green's physical prowess. In the Dec. 12 episode, Keith came to blows with his newly single dad, Richard (John Schneider), after he grew a little too close to Bree (Marcia Cross).

The only problem? Green had to punch one of his childhood heroes. "I grew up watching The Dukes of Hazard. That was a huge part of television for me when I was a kid," he recalls. "It was a long day to shoot that, but I think it turned out really well."

Unfortunately, the run-in with Keith's dad was a sign of things to come for Bree and Keith. After turning down Keith's proposal but inviting him to move in with her, the unlikely pair will next face a visit from Bree's ex-husband, Orson (Kyle MacLachlan), in Sunday's episode.

"There's such an obvious struggle between Orson and Keith. They couldn't be more opposite than they are, so it's a really awkward, odd, entertaining experience," Green says.

Although most actors would be at least a little worried about their on-screen competition, Green welcomed the new love triangle with open arms.

"It's one of the most fun episodes I've shot. Orson is such a special character, and there is so much that Kyle has put into that," Green says. "To see him and Marcia on set working together was fun because I had seen little bits and pieces of him on the show throughout the years, and their characters meshed so well."

But the question remains: Who will Bree choose? Will she give her Orson a second chance, or will she stick with Keith despite his marital ambitions? While Keith's future on the show is uncertain (Green just signed onto a new TBS pilot), Green says he's grateful for his time on Wisteria Lane.

"I have no idea how much longer I am going to be on the show, but I'm happy to still be here," he says. "I've got to say, it's exciting to be on a show that people are watching and excited about it. That in itself is enough for me."


Source: tvguide